Award-winning MarkMagic is the easiest and fastest way to design and print the barcode labels, electronic forms, ad hoc reports, and RFID tags. The culmination of years of innovative software engineering, MarkMagic is a total document development solution with a complete set of features and capabilities not found in any other product. MarkMagic replaces multiple software packages with one cost-effective, integrated offering to help you produce barcodes, forms, reports, and RFID technology without programming. Powerful and easy to use, once you try MarkMagic, you’ll see why leading software vendors, such as Manhattan Associates, and thousands of customers worldwide rely on MarkMagic to manage their mission-critical document requirements.
What does your application development “To Do” list look like? If you’re like most of CYBRA’s customers, your list is a mile long and requires labour-intensive skills ranging from label printer language coding and report writing, to spool file management and web programming. Even if you have the skills in house to tackle these jobs, you know there must be a better, faster way to respond to all the user requests for barcode labels, ad hoc reports, forms, RFID tags, and the dozens of different document types they needed yesterday. There is. MarkMagic combines true report writing, WYSIWYG label and forms design, and an enterprise-class print processing engine in one integrated product that lets you create sophisticated print jobs without programming.
MarkMagic is so powerful, we are confident that it can handle your thorniest printing challenges. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. MarkMagic is available for the IBM Power System i (AS/400), as well as on Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX, and even in the cloud. Try MarkMagic FREE for 30 days. That’s how confident we are in the power of MarkMagic.
MarkMagic X is the latest version of MarkMagic and comes loaded with the following new features:
- New Search Capabilities – Before modifying a format, you can now determine which formats will be affected by the change. For example, all formats that include the P.O. number or all labels that have the string “PART#” anywhere in a field name. This feature lets you find all fields in all formats that contain a character string or an attribute across user libraries.
- Enhanced History Logging –This new feature lets you determine which fields in a format were modified when a field was modified, what was modified, and by whom. In addition, you can find out which format was printed, when it was printed, and by which user, sorted by date or by a number of times printed.
- IFS Triggers for PrintMonitor –In addition to watching an existing OS/400 spooled output file, or DB2/400 physical or logical file for new records, PrintMonitor now can monitor a folder on the IFS and trigger a print job when it detects a newly added file. This is done by using the new PrintMonitor *DIR parameter.
- Enhanced MarkMagic Jobs –MarkMagic jobs can be enhanced with a new optional “graphic conversion” step. You can now define jobs that include a step to convert PDF files to variable graphics before the Copy, Edit, and Print Steps.
- Increased Maximums – We’ve increased the number of text, barcode, and graphics fields per format to a maximum of 5,000 fields per format, allowing for very large formats with many fields.
- New Work with Java Logs Functionality – New capabilities to more easily access and manage java logs. Meant primarily for support staff troubleshooting and testing.
MarkMagic Add-On Options
MarkMagic Add-On Options empower you with yet more printing capabilities and functions you can use to match your specific requirements:
- PrintTransformer – PrintTransformer is the conditional printing tool that makes your label formats smarter without programming. Have fields print based on user-defined conditions. Change the way formats look on the fly based on data in the file or on job attributes such as User Id or Time of Day. Application uses are unlimited. Perfect for reducing the number of formats you need to maintain, as a single format can do the work of many.
- FormWeaver – Some MarkMagic customers refer to this as Collated forms. Some just call it magic. With FormWeaver you can print documents that combine multiple formats. Merge two or more formats on one page, such as a pick ticket or invoice with a shipping label. Produce perfectly executed documents at a fraction of the time and cost of any other method. Perfect for drop ship to consumer applications.
- PDF/E-Mail/Fax – Produce any MarkMagic format as a PDF file containing searchable text and readable barcodes. Great for reprinting and e-mailing copies of invoices, statements, and even labels.
- PrintMonitor – This powerful MarkMagic option watches output queues for spool files, and watches physical files for added records. Files that meet user-defined criteria can be automatically printed. Print Monitor lets you take advantage of all MarkMagic printing features without the need for any programming. It is ideal for situations in which there is no source code available, or where you simply don’t have the resources to modify source programs. Thanks to MarkMagic’s Print Monitor Add-On Option, there are quite a few MarkMagic customers that produce all types of sophisticated label and forms applications with no programming staff.
- RFID Quick Comply – When it becomes necessary to print and encode RFID tags, this Add-On Option does all the heavy lifting. Quickly and easily comply with your trading partners’ EPC (Electronic Product Code) mandates. This multi-talented add-on is packed with lots of features that are designed to make you look like an RFID whiz. Manage serial number sequences, encode RFID tags and print EPC labels on demand.
- 2D Laser Barcode – Add Data Matrix, MaxiCode (UPS), QR Code, and PDF 417 2D barcodes to your laser printed forms. Great for direct mailers, catalog merchants, and e-commerce websites.
- No programming knowledge is required to achieve professional results.
- One cost-effective, integrated solution for all your document needs. With MarkMagic there’s no need for separate barcode labels, forms, PDF, and report writing software packages and no need for custom programming.
- MarkMagic is designed for real-world IT requirements for testing and production. You do not need a separate system to develop and test. You can run multiple versions of MarkMagic on the same system at the same time.
- You can seamlessly mix and match printer types to meet your business requirements.
- MarkMagic lets you print logos and graphics effortlessly.
- A single document solution for all your server platforms.
See For Yourself Why Thousands of Customers Worldwide Depend Upon CYBRA’s MarkMagic to Handle All Their Labels, Forms, and RFID Tag Needs
Award-winning MarkMagic is the Barcode Label, RFID Tag, and Forms printing solution for the IBM Power Systems (AIX, AS/400, iSeries, IBM i) and Linux, Unix, AIX, and Microsoft Windows platforms that are fast, versatile and powerful. And with all that power, it’s still amazingly easy to learn and use.
- Integrates easily with your system. Get up and running in minutes!
- No custom programming is needed for professional results.
- Find out why end-users, leading ISV’s, and industry analysts all agree – MarkMagic is the most feature-rich, intuitive, and cost-effective solution to all your printing problems.
What others say about us
“Having migrated from IBM Domino to Microsoft Office 360 (Business Cloud), we are delighted with the results – and have 1000 happy internal customers who much prefer Outlook to Domino. Life IT were flexible, fair and supportive when schedules had to change due to other Gurit projects. We had direct access to engineers and technical staff and a dedicated team who were easy to work with. The whole project was done in a very friendly environment and I would definitely recommend Life IT for these sorts of migration projects.”
Global IT Services Manager — Gurit Services AG
“Without the professional and expert support of Life IT, we wouldn’t have had the quality product we now have. They gently but insistently pushed the boundaries of our assumptions during the analysis phase, getting us to challenge our mind-sets and think outside the box. They then worked seamlessly as part of our team and delivered to time and to budget – no mean feat”.
Head of Technical Services—HCSS
“As we’d already invested significantly in Lotus Notes and Domino, a solution that built on our existing investment and skills was ideal. Life IT understood what was important to us and delivered a solution that met our needs. We’ve already seen the number of ‘distress calls’ to the sales office reduce as our sales managers can easily access customer data off line wherever they are and we’ve had positive feedback all round about the ability to update their call reports instantly on the road.”
Head of IT—Polyflor
“The Life IT solution has provided us with a significant reduction in support and maintenance costs and is an easy to use, more resilient and more easily maintainable system. As a business that handles thousands of transactions a day from 12 different own brand or white label websites it was vital that the whole process was seamless and, with the renewal of the support and maintenance contract from our existing supplier looming, it was also vital that the project came in on deadline. Life IT achieved this and more as they provided us with additional MI functionality and supported our staff whilst transferring their skills.’
Head of IT Development—DLR
“Life IT are doing a great job providing a very professional and efficient service. They are almost silently efficient and just get things done – only escalating issues when necessary. Their expertise in the AS400 is a key strength ensuring a real depth to their service and they keep us up to date with advances in technology too. So from an AS400 perspective I have very little to worry about.”
IT Service Delivery Manager
“After the restructure I was left with a critical resource gap which quickly needed filling, having worked with Life IT before I gave them a call. Their response was swift and efficient. They now work as a virtual Center Parcs help desk team providing a strength and depth of support. Their flexible working based on a time bank system is real value for money. So not only do I get an expert and efficient service, I have reduced my resource costs!”
Head of IT—Center Parcs
“We wanted flexible support to ensure 24/7 cover and Life IT worked with us to deliver this. Life IT has become integrated into the Bentley way of working and their role has expanded into looking at the technical side of the application as well as the support. “Our relationship has been built up over a significant period of time and both sides have worked hard to develop a supplier/customer relationship that can be used as a model throughout Bentley. We are now in the position where we have a pro-active partnership, Life IT are treated as part of Bentley, and that is a credit to them”.
Senior IS Manager—Bentley Motors
From full 24 by 7 operations to month end support and holiday cover, we can tailor a fixed price solution to fit seamlessly with your IT department.
So we offer a wide range of technical support services including IBM i, System P, Domino and SQL Server, to proactively monitor the availability and performance of your systems within a fixed price contract.
The key to our Application Support is that it’s ‘tailored’ to your exact requirements, with the flexibility to increase the resources and hours of cover as required.
We provide any combination of application, operational and technical support, no matter how current your environment is and no matter how long support is projected for.
Life IT offer bespoke managed Microsoft SQL Server support services which are tailored to our customer’s requirements to ensure their systems are optimized, stable and secure, as well as prepared for future upgrades and updates.