Domino Volt makes building apps 70% faster.
Developers and business users with common web development skills can rapidly develop powerful, secure, and enterprise-grade workflow applications. Build web-based data capture forms and workflows using data from excel, multiple data sources, or from scratch.
1. Domino Volt is designed to both build new apps and extend existing Domino apps with new forms and workflows. It will be able to leverage existing Domino data and agents.
2. There are no limits to the number of applications you can create. Versions of the apps can be made by making copies of them. This can be done through the duplicate option. These apps can also be exported giving you the ability to save a version of the app at any given point and then revert back to that version if needed.
3. Building apps for anonymous usage is not supported in the first release of the Domino Volt. This is something HCL will add support for in a future release
4. Domino provides an option to include your own CSS. This provides a way to enforce corporate guidelines for usability and branding. Themes included with the product provide a way to consistently style applications
5. The apps are mobile friendly and responsive by design. The responsive settings can be set to any dynamic range and can include breakpoints for when to collapse to a single column and show/hide different elements of your app.
6. Domino Volt application runs client side with server interaction being limited to when a user opens or saves. This approach allows a single Volt (and Domino) server to scale with little impact on server resource.
7. Data can be exported from any Domino Volt app in Excel spreadsheet format (xls). Each app can also expose its data through a REST API.
8. Role-based access is part of the set of workflow capabilities in the app. Access and permissions in each workflow stage are role-based.
9. Domino Volt apps are Domino apps. They can be opened in Notes and with Nomad. You can customize the apps in Designer to adding styling and capabilities such as Views for Notes and Nomad client users. The one caveat to keep in mind is that client-side logic in the Volt app will not work in Notes or Nomad.
10. Domino Volt includes an entitlement to HCL Enterprise Integrator. This has been included for future releases of Volt to be able to access data from enterprises databases such as Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server.
What others say about us
“Having migrated from IBM Domino to Microsoft Office 360 (Business Cloud), we are delighted with the results – and have 1000 happy internal customers who much prefer Outlook to Domino. Life IT were flexible, fair and supportive when schedules had to change due to other Gurit projects. We had direct access to engineers and technical staff and a dedicated team who were easy to work with. The whole project was done in a very friendly environment and I would definitely recommend Life IT for these sorts of migration projects.”
Global IT Services Manager — Gurit Services AG
“Without the professional and expert support of Life IT, we wouldn’t have had the quality product we now have. They gently but insistently pushed the boundaries of our assumptions during the analysis phase, getting us to challenge our mind-sets and think outside the box. They then worked seamlessly as part of our team and delivered to time and to budget – no mean feat”.
Head of Technical Services—HCSS
“As we’d already invested significantly in Lotus Notes and Domino, a solution that built on our existing investment and skills was ideal. Life IT understood what was important to us and delivered a solution that met our needs. We’ve already seen the number of ‘distress calls’ to the sales office reduce as our sales managers can easily access customer data off line wherever they are and we’ve had positive feedback all round about the ability to update their call reports instantly on the road.”
Head of IT—Polyflor
“The Life IT solution has provided us with a significant reduction in support and maintenance costs and is an easy to use, more resilient and more easily maintainable system. As a business that handles thousands of transactions a day from 12 different own brand or white label websites it was vital that the whole process was seamless and, with the renewal of the support and maintenance contract from our existing supplier looming, it was also vital that the project came in on deadline. Life IT achieved this and more as they provided us with additional MI functionality and supported our staff whilst transferring their skills.’
Head of IT Development—DLR
“Life IT are doing a great job providing a very professional and efficient service. They are almost silently efficient and just get things done – only escalating issues when necessary. Their expertise in the AS400 is a key strength ensuring a real depth to their service and they keep us up to date with advances in technology too. So from an AS400 perspective I have very little to worry about.”
IT Service Delivery Manager
“After the restructure I was left with a critical resource gap which quickly needed filling, having worked with Life IT before I gave them a call. Their response was swift and efficient. They now work as a virtual Center Parcs help desk team providing a strength and depth of support. Their flexible working based on a time bank system is real value for money. So not only do I get an expert and efficient service, I have reduced my resource costs!”
Head of IT—Center Parcs
“We wanted flexible support to ensure 24/7 cover and Life IT worked with us to deliver this. Life IT has become integrated into the Bentley way of working and their role has expanded into looking at the technical side of the application as well as the support. “Our relationship has been built up over a significant period of time and both sides have worked hard to develop a supplier/customer relationship that can be used as a model throughout Bentley. We are now in the position where we have a pro-active partnership, Life IT are treated as part of Bentley, and that is a credit to them”.
Senior IS Manager—Bentley Motors
From full 24 by 7 operations to month end support and holiday cover, we can tailor a fixed price solution to fit seamlessly with your IT department.
So we offer a wide range of technical support services including IBM i, System P, Domino and SQL Server, to proactively monitor the availability and performance of your systems within a fixed price contract.
The key to our Application Support is that it’s ‘tailored’ to your exact requirements, with the flexibility to increase the resources and hours of cover as required.
We provide any combination of application, operational and technical support, no matter how current your environment is and no matter how long support is projected for.
Life IT offer bespoke managed Microsoft SQL Server support services which are tailored to our customer’s requirements to ensure their systems are optimized, stable and secure, as well as prepared for future upgrades and updates.